Monday, March 28, 2011

The Soundtrack to My Sunday Run

So my last post prompted a couple of people to ask about my running playlist. I only run with music on my Sunday long run as the 2 other days I run with a group. I have an older ipod shuffle, the one that clips onto something. Very handy from a runners standpoint. I'm amazed that something that small can hold so many songs. I have about 9 days worth of music in my itunes library and that's not even half of my CD collection at home. I love music. I always have. Thus my choice of running tunes is somewhat diverse. There are bands that I LOVE and my playlist is heavily peppered with those as you will note. This is what moves me these days:

Shuffle Playlist

1. Good Morning-The Beatles
2. Revolution- The Beatles
3. Tom Sawyer-Rush
4. Spirit of Radio-Rush
5. Freewill-Rush
6. New World Man-Rush
7. YYZ-Rush
8. The Big Money-Rush
9. Roll the Bones-Rush
10. Crossroads –Rush
11. Ying & Yang & The Flowerpot Man-Love & Rockets
12. Hard Road-Sam Roberts
13. Brother Down-Sam Roberts
14. Higher Learning-Sam Roberts
15. Dead End-Sam Roberts
16. Don’t Walk Away Eileen-Sam Roberts
17. Rarified – Sam Roberts
18. Taxman – The Beatles
19. Within You& Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows-The Beatles
20. Two Hearts Beat as One – U2
21. The Larger Bowl – Rush
22. The Main Monkey Business– Rush
23. The Bottom Line- Big Audio Dynamite
24. Opem Up Baby – Big Sugar
25. Beautiful Day- U2
26. I Feel Fine – The Beatles
27. Day Tripper – The Beatles
28. Paperback Writer – The Beatles
29. Hello Goodbye – The Beatles
30. Get Back – The Beatles
31. The Entire Vapour trails album – Rush (13 songs)
32. I’m a Loser – The Beatles
33. She’s a Woman – The Beatles
34. Late Night Radio – David Gray
35. Babylon 2 – David Gray
36. Come on Home – Franz Ferdinand
37. Go! - Tones on Tail
38. Glory Days – Bruce Springsteen
39. Rosalita – Bruce Springsteen
40. The Rising – Bruce Springsteen
41. Lonesome Day-Bruce Springsteen
42. Radio Nowhere – Bruce Springsteen
43. Ruby – The Kaiser Chiefs
44. Livin’ in the Future – Bruce Springsteen
45. Part of Me – Chris Cornell
46. Enemy – Chris Cornell
47. Time – Chris Cornell
48. You Wreck Me – Tom Petty
49. No You Girls – Franz Ferdinand
50. Ulysses – Franz Ferdinand
51. Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
52. Lucid Dreams – Franz Ferdinand
53. Can’t Stop Feeling – Franz Ferdinand
54. Bite Hard – Franz Ferdinand
55. The Resistance – Sam Roberts
56. Bridge To Nowhere – Sam Roberts
57. Do you Want to – Franz Ferdinand
58. Full Moon – The Black Ghosts
59. Where the Rose Is Sown – Big Country
60. Ramalama (Bang Bang) – Roisin Murphy
61. When the World Is Running Down – The Police
62. Driven To Tears – The Police
63. One World (not Three) – The Police
64. If it Happens Again – UB40
65. What You Meant – Franz Ferdinand
66. Felipe Blanco – Sierra Maestra
67. Tenderness – General Public
68. Two Swords – The English Beat
69. Join in the Chant – Nitzer Ebb
70. White Riot – The Clash
71. The Beat(en) Generation – The The
72. Scatterlings of Africa – Johnny Clegg & Juluka
73. In God’s Country – U2
74. No Speak No Slave – The Black Crowes
75. Black Moon Creeping – The Black Crowes
76. Help I’m Alive – Metric
77. Gimme Sympathy – Metric
78. The Saints Are Coming – U2 & Green Day
79. All Out to Get You – The English Beat
80. Jackpot – The English Beat
81. Over & Over – The English Beat
82. Mr. Roboto – Styx
83. Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
84. Heaven (Must Be There) Eurogliders
85. Radio Free Europe – R.E.M
86. Spanish Bombs – The Clash
87. Generals & Majors – XTC
88. Caravan – Rush
89. Hey Soul Sister – Train
90. Native Love – Divine
91. Stadium Love – Metric
92. Satellite Mind – Metric
93. At or With Me – Jack Johnson
94. Juniors Farm – Wings
95. Silly Love Songs – Wings
96. Got My Mojo Workin’ – Junior Wells
97. Strength – The Alarm
98. 1901 – Phoenix
99. Lisztomania – Phoenix
100. White Knuckle Ride – Jamiroquai
101. Dog Days are Over – Florence and the Machine
102. Nobody Told Me – John Lennon
103. Two Hearts – Chris Isaak
104. I’m Not Sleepy – Chris Isaak
105. Walk Slow – Chris Isaak
106. Wonderlust King – Gogol Bordello
107. Heavyweight Champion of the World – Reverend and the Makers
108. Start Wearing Purple – Gogol Bordello
109. Henrietta – The Fratellis
110. Outsiders – Franz Ferdinand

No comments: