Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year, A New Training Partner!

I have to credit my friend Linnea for bringing this sponsorship opportunity to my attention last year.  I've never thought of actually looking for a company to sponsor me.  Being a part of Team Running Free was good enough.  But when the opportunity to be a Compressport sponsored athlete came up, she sent me the info and encouraged me to apply.  I had seen the Compressport stuff when we were in Switzerland (it is a Swiss company) and it looked awesome but it was pricey and I hadn't really yet been sold on the benefits of compression.  Fast forward 3 years and I've become a compression junkie.  I can't get enough of the stuff.  Some of the things I've used have been great, others not so much.  Either way, it's been really beneficial to me, especially in the area of recovery. Given that I am not getting any younger and I don't seem to bounce back like I used to, I've taken to using compression gear to aid in my recovery on a regular basis.
I submitted my application along with a link to my blog so they could see my race results.  I wasn't sure if I'd actually get selected.  Weeks passed and I figured I didn't make the cut. Just after I went on holidays for Christmas, I received an email from their sponsorship coordinator to say that they were going to offer me an ambassador deal, which is very similar to the Team Running Free program.  I was THRILLED.  I just got my contract today and I have to review it and send it back.  I can't wait to get my hands on their gear!!  Once I get the product, I will be posting a review so stay tuned for that.

So for 2012 is off to a great start! 

No comments: