Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Ideal Taper

My Birthday Goodies!
I've got to say that this has been the most relaxed week I've ever had before a race.  Other than some chaos at work, I've been feeling remarkably stress free and relaxed.  So much so that I had burger, fries and a small glass of wine with dinner last night!  Shocking I know.  Said glass of wine just about knocked me sideways mind you but let's not talk about that.  I was supposed to do an easy run yesterday but that didn't happen.  Do I care?  Nope.  This week of training will have been next to non existent with only one short-ish interval run on Thursday.   But no matter, I am going to be very well rested for Sunday.

Given that today is my birthday, I'm going to take relaxation to the enth degree.  I'm going to spend it on the couch, feet up, with my legs encased in compression gear watching Top Gear re-runs.

Life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: