Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time for a Change: Bye Bye 1:40 at 40!

I've been writing this blog for over a year now and as some of you have pointed out, the title of it really should be changed.  Given that I managed to smash my goal of a 1:40 half at 40 years old I suppose you guys are right,  it might be high time for a change.  When I started this blog, I geared it specifically towards that 1:40 goal and only added the "other athletic adventures" as an afterthought.   Turns out I'm really enjoying this blogging thing and I assume that some of you out there actually enjoy reading my ramblings.  I thank you for that!  My aim is to create a blog that is much more encompassing than just a goal (knowing me there will be plenty of those posted on here anyway).  It's about a passion and a lifestyle.  I hope you'll continue to read along.  

After much research and brainstorming, I've come up with a new name for this little place of mine on the interwebz.   Ironically enough it was inspired by my rather unattractive feet.  Inspiration comes from strange places sometimes and given that it's fleeting at best,  I'm certainly not going to question it's source.  

So, this is just a heads up that the 1:40 at 40 has been re-named so if you've got me on your blogroll, well, you'll have to update it.  I'm not sure if it will affect Google Friend Connect or not but I guess we'll see!

Without further adieu, the 1:40 at 40 is being laid to rest.  Welcome to the world of Blisters and Black Toenails.

The source of my inspiration.  Thank goodness I have nail polish on.
 (photo credit: Phaedra Kennedy)


No comments: