Thursday, September 20, 2012

Playlist Thursday: Just Dance!


Yeah it's Thursday! That means one day closer to Friday and of course,  Playlist Thursday.  I've been working on this one since Tuesday.  In fact, I spent the entire day Tuesday listening to the first artist on this playlist, trying to figure out which song of theirs to put on this weeks list.   This week's theme is entitled "Songs that Make You Want To Dance" which means that I spent a lot of time chair dancing in my office.  Thank God I have a door that I can close.  Other than running, I think dancing has to be one of my absolute favourite things to do.  Nothing is more satisfying than dancing till your feet hurt and you're covered in sweat.  It's no wonder I like it so much...sounds a lot like running. 

The "rules" of Playlist Thursday:
  
Something Old:  Songs that are at least 5 years old.  
Something Current:  Songs that have been released in the past year.
Something to Consider:  This is the wild card category.  Any song goes:  old, current, guilty pleasure, whatever floats yer boat.

As usual don't forget to head over to Brian's blog to check out all the other participant playlists!

Something Old:
Artist: Jamiroquai
Title: Canned Heat
Notable:   Seriously, how can you NOT bust a move to anything these guys do.  It's like disco for the new millennium.  When this album came out in 1999, it never left my CD player for what seemed like months.  I loved pretty much every song on it.  And just LOOK at JK dance.  Amazing.
Quotable"Dance, nothing left for me to do but dance off these bad times I'm going through, just dance, got canned heat in my heels tonight"




Something New:
Artist:  Electric Guest
Title This Head I Hold
Notable:  The first time I heard this song, I couldn't get it out of my head.  It's so bloody catchy.  I know for a fact that I do that weird little hand dancing thing every. single. time. this comes on my playlist. 
Quotable: "So find me stuck in some scene, I want to get out but there's no in between."

Something To Consider:
Artist: The English Beat
Title:Mirror in the Bathroom
Notable:   Another song that totally defined my teen years and one that has been on my playlist forever.  I saw these guys a few years ago at Lee's Palace.  A tiny little club that probably holds 500 people maximum.  When this song came on the crowd went into an absolute frenzy.  I left that club completely covered in sweat and my feet hurt from dancing so much.  One of the best live shows I've seen in a long time.
Quotable"Mirror in the bathroom, please talk free, the door is locked just you and me."




Are you up and dancing yet?  I know I am!

2 comments:

kelly4482 said...

Seriously, I have all THREE of these on my running playlist!!! So awesome.

Phaedra Kennedy said...

You were the one that reminded me of Electric Guest! :)