Monday, October 8, 2012

Ode to the Great Orange Gourd, Part Two: Pumpkin Cheesecake Pudding

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks!  As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I spent the afternoon at my parent's place for our annual Thanksgiving get together.  I think I may still be in a turkey coma.  As usual, it was very enjoyable.  We even brought back an old holiday tradition:  the garage ping pong tournament!  Well, we used to play in the basement before my parents renovated it and they folded up the table and put it in the garage.  No matter, my dad set it up and I played my nephew (and won twice) and then we played doubles at which I completely sucked.  Far too many rules to remember.  It didn't matter though, we were too busy laughing and launching ping pong balls around the garage.  I winged one off my dad's head and another one landed in my hair.  Ping pong is a contact sport in my family.  Fun times.

The Old Man schooling my nephew.
Today I'm going to share one of my favourite pumpkin snacks with you, inspired by my mother in laws pumpkin cheesecake.  It's a great way to sneak in some extra protein as well.

Pumpkin Cheesecake Pudding

1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
2 tbsp of Philadelphia light cream cheese
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder.  I use Dymatize 100 ISO lactose free whey protein.

*substitutions:  you could use unflavoured / unsweetened whey powder and add 1/2 to 1 tsp of pure maple syrup depending on how sweet you want it.

Mix ingredients together with a fork until well blended.   If you like your pudding on the cool side, refrigerate for half an hour.  I prefer it at room temperature so once it's mixed, I dig in.

Hope you enjoy!



No comments: