Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Sunday Ritual: On Hiatus

I can't believe we're halfway through a long weekend!  I had Friday off and spent the day running around.  Saturday was a nice lazy day.   I slept in and finally made out for my run around 9:00 am.  The afternoon was spent shopping and puttering around.  It was the perfect lazy afternoon.  I made a batch of my homemade tomato sauce with ground turkey to go with some spaghetti squash.  Luckily there were leftovers so I've got lunch for Tuesday!

This morning I swam and now I'm lounging on the couch icing my achilles.  Yup, I did something to in on my run yesterday.  It's sore to the touch but I'm not having any issues walking.  It was slightly bothersome while I was swimming but it wasn't painful.  It was just kinda *there*.    I am hoping that it's not anything too serious.  I've got another half marathon coming up next weekend and it's going to be part of my last long run before NYC so I really don't want to miss it.  I may just take the week off running to be safe. 

This afternoon we're headed to my parents place in Guelph for the big family get together so I won't be cooking.  I have a couple of recipes I want to work on and I'm fresh out of turkey burgers so I'll probably spend Monday afternoon cooking.  These next few weekends are going to be very busy so I'm going to have to get my cooking in whenever I can.  Which means The Sunday Ritual will be taking a bit of a hiatus.  I'll bring it back when things calm down after NYC. 

Given that we're heading up to the parental units this afternoon for our annual Thanksgiving feast, I don't think I'm going to be at a loss for food this week.  My mom usually makes a ton of food which usually results in some good leftovers that get packed up into a goodie bag for us.  I really love this holiday, probably more than Christmas to be honest.  My parents live in Guelph about 50 minutes north west of Toronto so the drive up is beautiful.  The Hubs' entire family also makes the trek out to Guelph so there ends up being about 14 of us in total.  Makes for a rather loud and chaotic get together.   Hubs and I usually toss the baseball around with his niece and nephew, then we usually congregate in the family room and chit chat while the football game is on.  The game usually starts the banter between Hubs and my dad.  Both are very opinionated when it comes to football so the conversation is always entertaining.   My sister and I polish off a bottle of wine between us which usually results in me napping in the car on the way home.  I look forward to it every year.  It may be loud and chaotic and my family may be slightly crazy but I love them to pieces and I'm thankful for each and every one of them. 

What are you thankful for?

Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

No comments: