Thursday, November 29, 2012

Playlist Thursday - Zoning Out

Once again, it's Playlist Thursday!  What do you think of the new logo?  The ever generous Pavement Runner designed a whole bunch of logos in different colours so you can pick one to match your blog colours (scroll down to the bottom of the page).  Love it! Don't forget to check out the catalog page for all the other Playlists as well!

This weeks theme was a suggestion from Anna at withanna.wordpress.com.  Apparently she is in the middle of studying for mid-terms (those were the days!) and needed some songs to zone out to. 

For those of you stopping by for the first time, here are "the rules" of Playlist Thursday.

Something Old: Songs that are at least 5 years old. (I know that isn’t too long to be considered old, but music turnover happens quickly.)
Something Current: Songs that have been released within the past year.
Something to Consider:  This is the wild card category. Feel free to list any song: old, current,guilty pleasure, whatever floats yer boat.

Something Old

Artist:  Chris Isaak
Title: Walk Slow
Notable: I love this song.  In fact, I love Chris Isaak.  All his music makes me zone out, in a good way. 
Quotable: "And there's so many many things I wanna tell you. So many many things I didn't say"


Something New

Artist: Atlas Genius
Title: Trojans
Notable:  I featured these guys on last weeks Playlist Thursday and I'm bringing them back again.  They released an EP this year that I absolutely love.  This was the first song off of it.  I can't wait for a full length album. 
Quotable: "Change the locks, change the scene, change it all but can't change what we've been." 


Change the locks, change the scene Change it all but can't change what we've been

Read more: TROJANS - ATLAS GENIUS LYRICS
Change the locks, change the scene Change it all but can't change what we've been

Read more: TROJANS - ATLAS GENIUS LYRICS
Something to Consider

Artist: Keane
Title: Spiralling
Notable: From the band that brought you Somewhere Only We Know, another great song to zone out to.  I really like the poppy beat, it's catchy and makes for some good background noise.
Quotable: "I'm waiting for my moment to come, I'm waiting for the movie to begin, I'm waiting for a revelation, I'm waiting for someone to count me in"

Have you got any favourite zone out songs you'd like to share?

4 comments:

PavementRunner said...

Oh yes, KEANE! I forgot about them. Nice pull. I'm digging Atlas Genius... like the sound.

Phaedra Kennedy said...

I love Atlas Genius. I hope they release a full length album soon - I agree they have a great sound.

Jonathan said...

This week, I discovered Anjulie's You and I song. I really like it.

http://youtu.be/GGM0Mm-FFVE

Jonathan said...

This week, I discovered Anjulie's You and I: http://youtu.be/GGM0Mm-FFVE