Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What Gets You Out of Bed?

Things have gotten a bit quiet around here as of late so I decided to use the time to start cleaning up my office.  This is a pretty big task since my office seems to be a dumping ground for left over props and other assorted things from shoots.   Some of these things get put to good use (see below) and some just end up in a pile gathering dust. 
This is a hard metal chair made more comfortable and cozy by the addition of fun fur.  
While I was cleaning up,  I discovered my old Ironman Switzerland Inspiration Board from 2007.  It was a bulletin board I hung in my office with a few bits of inspiration for my 10 month journey to the start line.  On it, I found this list.  I had to laugh when I read it because almost everything on here is still somewhat applicable (with the exception of #8, damn aging metabolism).  The list has definitely grown since I wrote this but I can safely say that these are still many of the things that get me out of bed and keep me motivated to stay active. 

What keeps you motivated?  Anything on this list that sounds familiar?

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love the idea of an inspiration board! And yeah - the guys in spandex - it would be enough for me ;-).

And camaraderie and friendship - I never expected so much of that, and I love it.

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Yeah the men in spandex get me pretty much every time. I can't tell you the number of times I've ducked behind a dude during a race, usually for shelter from the wind, and just sat back and admired the view. Geez...that sounds more than a little lecherous. Ha. Oh well.

Yo Momma Runs said...

This makes me want to make a motivation board! And possibly do an ironman because runner dudes don't wear enough spandex. Short shorts are a go though.:)

Phaedra Kennedy said...

I'm thinking I am going to resurrect the motivation board for next year. I'm setting myself some tough goals so I may need that extra kick in the pants.
Ha ha ha...it's true, most runner dudes don't wear enough spandex!!! I don't mind the short shorts, as long as the dude wearing them can pull them off. :)