Monday, July 1, 2013

New Music Monday & Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!

I hope you've got something fun planned to celebrate!  I'm heading out for an open water swim and bike ride because you know, that just what we do with an extra day off in the summer!  It will be a good way to recover from my first long run in a month, ha ha.  July is going to be the month of the long run.  It's time to get my base mileage back up.  I ran just under 15km yesterday, a whole lot slower than I normally would but the goal was to keep my heart rate in zone two, which I did.  YAY!

Speaking of running, a few weeks ago I decided that my running playlist needed some refreshing.   Luckily that happened to coincide with a free preview on Sirius XM.   I don't normally listen to the radio but when there's a free preview on satellite radio, I'm in.   I especially love Alt Nation, which is not surprising given that I grew up loving all the alternative music of the 80's and 90's.   Once an Alt Rock / New Wave girl, always an Alt Rock / New Wave girl.  I also peruse the iTunes store a fair bit.  That's how I discovered that Atlas Genius finally released a full length album (it's pretty freaking awesome in case you were wondering).  Believe it or not, twitter is also a good source of new music if you follow your favourite bands.  That's how I discovered that Franz Ferdinand FINALLY released a couple of new singles.  Talk about making my day.  Unfortunately they're not available on iTunes yet so they haven't made it into my playlist rotation yet.  You can bet that as soon as I can download them, they will be put on the shuffle. 

I've pulled a few oldies but goodies out as well and put them back in rotation.  Most notably, House of Pain's "Jump Jump".  Such a good running song.

These are a few of my new favourites.

Two Door Cinema Club:   "Sun"
A fantastic summer song if you ask me.



Spoon - Don't You Evah
This song just makes me want to dance.


Blind Pilot - We Are the Tide
Yet another awesome summertime song.  Just puts a smile on my face.


Atlas Genius - If So
Off their new album.  Just as good as Trojans or Symptoms.  Love!



 Franz Ferdinand - Right Action
It may not have an official video yet but who cares.  It's really all about the music anyway!  I had my own little kitchen dance party on Saturday night with this song on repeat.  Drove G nuts, ha ha.  Just wait till we go see them live.  I'm going to be a sweaty mess from dancing all night.  I.  Cannot. Wait.


What tunes are you loving right now? 

No comments: