Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Where DID The Time Go?

I'm BA-AACK!!!

We got back from our vacation late last Friday and I had all sorts of ideas running through my head but nothing ever materialized into a blog post because life took over.  So where do I even begin?  I'll give you the Coles Notes version (I'm TOTALLY dating myself with that gem).

Bike Fit: took just over 3 hours.  I have a whole boatload of data I haven't even looked at.  My seat got raised a bit and my saddle adjusted back slightly.  My cleats got adjusted so I'm pedaling more efficiently and my aerobars have been adjusted.

Do I feel better on the bike?  Yes and No.  How's that for vague?  I feel like I have a lot more power on the flats but I'm struggling a bit more on the hills.  I feel a bit more aero (he dropped my stem a bit).  I'm STILL having saddle issues though.  The adjustments he made seemed ok on the trainer but on the open road, it was an entirely different story.  So there is still work to be done there.

Vacation:  Those of you that follow me on Instagram got a wee taste of what my week entailed.  Lots of cycling, some swimming and a whole lot of beer sampling.   I had a couple of really solid rides even with the new fit.  What I didn't have was a solid swim.  My old demons came back to haunt me.  I couldn't make it out to the middle of Mirror Lake without freaking out and having to turn around.  That frustrated the hell out of me for the first few days.  I eventually got over it and figured it wasn't important.  I didn't need to beat myself up over it.  I do need to deal with it though.  I'll do a whole post on what went down while we were away.  For now here are a few pics to tide you over.

Mirror Lake - our apartment was just off to the left in this picture

This was the view from our balcony.  I could get used to this!

On our "easy" day we decided to go up Whiteface Mountain - this was from about 4600 ft.

Weekend:  We came back from our vacation on the Friday because we were racing on the Saturday.  I don't ever recommend that.  When our alarm went off on Saturday morning, I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep.  I didn't.  I had a very rocky start to my day but I was very happy with the end result.  Race report to come at some point soon. 


Does anyone else feel like August is flying by?

No comments: