Monday, May 26, 2014

The Season Opener: #Mingsanity Week 20

After my long weekend training camp, I knew I was scheduled for an easy week and I really needed it.  I had three really tough weeks of training and I was starting to physically and mentally feel it.  Ming gave me 2 whole days off this week!  I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed them.  I think I was toeing the line on mental burn out.  Plus I was feeling just a little overwhelmed.  Between work, training, G not doing well and trying to get all my aches and pains looked after (knees are still an issue), I was starting to feel a little stressed.  So, I took advantage of the down time and slept in, relaxed and generally enjoyed being a little lazy.  It was almost like a having a taper, without the taper madness.  It was perfect as I was slated to do my first race of the season on Sunday.  Of course I was dealing with a whole other slew of issues in regards to the swim, but, if you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I survived.   I'll share all the crazy details tomorrow for now let's look at how my week unfolded.  I'm joining in the #Bestfoot ladies link up with Krysten, Amanda & Ericka


This is how my week went down....

Monday:  Brick:  50km bike with 10km intervals.  Holy tough.   9.81km run (was supposed to be 10km but whatevs)

Tuesday:  OFF - thank goodness!

Wednesday:  2150m swim in a.m.  60 minute easy ride in p.m.

Thursday:  Easy 10km at lunch in the sunshine.  GLORIOUS.

Friday:   OFF - YES!

Saturday:  Brick:  30km bike, 5km run.

Sunday:  First Tri of the Season:  750m swim, 20km bike, 5km run.

Totals for the week:

Swim:  2900m
Bike:  130.07 km
Run: 30.29

Total time:  8h 6 min.  These next two weeks are going to be another two solid build weeks before my taper.  I've got another race on June 7th so we'll see how that goes. My goal over the next couple of weeks is to get a lot more open water swim practice in.  That's how I'm going to work on putting my #Bestfoot forward in June!

How was your week of training?

4 comments:

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

Hey doll, so it looks like we are going to put #BESTFOOT on hold for a while, since we have all gotten busy with summer/travel/life.

And I also wanted to say that you ROCKED your tri this weekend! SO IMPRESSED as always!!!

Phaedra Kennedy said...

Ha ha, yes I saw that on Amanda's blog after I posted this, he he. Thanks! I was really happy with my race. Definitely a nice way to start the season!

Robin said...

Looks like a good week! Hang in there you are doing great!

rojublake said...

Given that you've:

Swim: 2900m
Bike: 130.07 km
Run: 30.29

I reckon you deserve at least 2 days off!!

Respect! ...