Monday, September 22, 2014

The Forced Taper + Weekly Recap



I don't really have much to share with you because work kind of took over my life last week.  I managed two whole workouts.  And then I raced yesterday.  I guess you could call it a forced taper.  And this week will be the start of my recovery.  Although I'm not sure spending 4 days traipsing around the city, eating less than ideal food and spending a fair bit of time on my feet, could be considered recovery. Especially since I can't really walk right now.

But that's a story for a later date.  Let's look at my "forced taper" week.

Monday:  slept in, pool was closed
Tuesday:  70 minutes of strength and mobility work
Wednesday:  1550m swim
Thursday:  Worked early
Friday:  Worked early
Saturday:  got my hair done
Sunday:  Ran a half marathon

Swim:  1550m
Bike:  0
Run:  21.1km.  

Total Time:  3h 21 minutes.  I think this is the easiest week I've had this year, ha ha.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't awesome to have a lazy Saturday!  I stayed in my pjs until 9:00 am!  Absolute LUXURY!

This week is probably going to look much the same and that's ok.  My legs need to recover from yesterday's beat down and my brain needs to focus 100% on work this week.  So my Barrelman / Real Deal Showdown race report might have to wait until the weekend.  C'est la vie!

How was your week?  Did you race this weekend?




1 comment:

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

Yay! You earned some downtime. I can't wait to hear what you thought about the barrelman? It is on my to-do list!