Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend? What Weekend?

Oh hey Monday, how did you get here so quickly?  Right, I didn't really have a weekend.  BUT, I can't really complain about that since I chose to fill it up.  And, I had a lot of fun.  I'm sure you're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about, right?  This past weekend I did my NCCP Triathlon Community Coach certification.  This now means I'm a certified triathlon coach (yippeee!).  There are several levels of certification depending on the level of athlete you want to coach.  This certification level means I'm able to coach individual age groupers or in a club setting, which is exactly what I love doing.


 The facilitator was excellent as was the course and I knew several people there as well so it made for a really fun afternoon.  Definitely not a bad way to spend a weekend.  


Knowing that I was going to be spending most of my weekend at this course, I ended up shuffling my workouts around and taking Saturday as my day off.  We wrapped early on the Sunday and I was home by 3:00 but I had work things to deal with so I didn't get on my bike until 4:30.  But I still managed an easy 90 minute spin, thanks to Hannibal (the TV series) and Breaking Bad.  Yes, I know I'm really late to the party but whatever. 

I'm feeling a whole lot better than last week and I finally finished my antibiotics on Friday so hopefully that's it for my sinus issues.  I know our upcoming week in the Dominican will help with any problems that may arise in the next little while.  I think I need to live somewhere hot and humid.  My hair will always look good and I won't have any sinus issues.  And, I'll never have to deal with cold and snow ever again, ha ha.

This past week I started putting a little extra intensity into my run and bike workouts.  My body can handle it, my knees not so much.  I've had sore knees since Tuesday and I'm trying not to freak out about it too much.  My run on Friday really did them in I think.  I feel like my left kneecap has gone back to it's old tracking pattern which is really frustrating.  I have physio next week so we'll see what she says.  I also think I need to have my bike fit looked at again.  Because I have so much time for that.....ugh.

Anyway, this is how my past week panned out:

Monday:  OFF
Tuesday:  60 minutes strength & mobility, 2km run on the treadmill.  P.M.  25km on the trainer (52 minutes)
Wednesday:   2200m swim in a.m.  Awesome 6km run in p.m.
Thursday:  Physio work in a.m. 25km bike (52 minutes) in p.m.
Friday:  2300m swim in a.m. 10.10km run in p.m.
Saturday:  OFF
Sunday:  90 minute ride.

Total time:  7h 24 minutes

How was your weekend?  Who got out and enjoyed the milder temperatures?


2 comments:

macnic said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend! I hope you can figure out your knee with the PT.

Courtney@The TriGirl Chronicles said...

Woot! Yay for your new certification! I love tri coaching =)