Monday, April 6, 2015

Hopping To It

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend.  To those of you that are off today...I'm jealous.  I could definitely have used another day off.  We had another fairly busy weekend, although we did take advantage of the holiday and had some good down time on Friday afternoon after our first OUTSIDE BIKE RIDE (woohooo!) but even then, there was always something to do - blogging, reading, plan updating.  Saturday G and I raced.  You can read about it here.  Sunday was my usual swim / bike day and then we were off to my in-law's for Easter dinner with the entire family - my folks come in from Guelph so when I say the entire family, I mean it, ha ha.  The only people missing were my sister and her boyfriend.  They live in London, ON so it's a bit of a hike and I know they had a busy weekend anyway. 

I had a crazy busy week at work and ended up missing the two swims that were scheduled on Monday and Wednesday.  Two back to back shoots with 6:30-7:00 am call times makes morning workouts a wee bit difficult.  Although I did get up at 4:00 am on Tuesday to go to the gym.  Yes, I'm crazy.  I really wanted to do Justin's workout and see how long it actually took me when I could focus.  I was done in 45 minutes and that was with some added bits from my physio routine.  That's my kind of workout!

Whatever my week lacked in volume I made up for in intensity.  At least that's what my Training Stress score shows in Training Peaks.  I guess that's what happens when you throw in a two hour ride followed by an 8km race.  This is what I got up to this past week.

Monday:  OFF - Had to be at work for 6:30 am.  So gross.
Tuesday:  a.m. - 45 minutes at the gym, p.m. 7.5km run
Wednesday:  40 minute trainer ride.  Was supposed to ride 80 minutes but really didn't feel like it. 
Thursday:  8.25km run
Friday:  51km ride OUTSIDE with G and the boys.  It was an absolutely PERFECT day. 
 The ride was followed by this, because well, sometimes you just have to.

Saturday:  5km warm up run, 8km race.  I had wanted to get 16km in that day but once I was finished the race, I didn't feel like running that extra 3km.  Celebrated that evening with this and some amazing pizza. 

Sunday:  3000m swim (the first in a week!) followed by an easy 60 minute spin on the trainer.  Followed by an Easter feast.  Needless to say I'm wearing my stretchy pants today and I'm going to be dialing my nutrition back in. 

Total time:  7h 44 minutes.  This week I'll get back to building up again.  I hope to hit that 16km mark for my long run on Saturday.  Seems so weird to say that but that's my new reality these days.   I'm building my running legs back up.  It's definitely not easy.

Tomorrow is Tri Talk Tuesday and we're discussing the Bike and how to improve so check back tomorrow and get in on the link up!

How was your Easter Weekend?  Are you off today?  





2 comments:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

How are the legs after your awesome race?

Teamarcia said...

How nice to have all your family in for Easter. Your workout week looks great despite work getting in the way. I'm just training for my first tri and feeling pretty intimidated so far!