Monday, April 20, 2015

Marathon Monday - Marathon Work Week.

Today is the Big Dance in Boston, 119th Boston Marathon.  I have one athlete and SO many IG friends racing it, I can hardly contain my excitement.  I love the atmosphere of that race.  It really is an incredibly special event.  Am I sad that I'm not there?  Most definitely.  But I think I made the right call.  I probably would have really ruined my knees had I kept going on the path I was on.   So instead I will obsessively track everyone on the BAA website and the app on my phone, ha ha. 

Speaking of running, things seem to be getting better with my knees.  I'm hoping I haven't jinxed it but this last week has been pretty good.  They were really sore after my bike ride on Saturday but by the end of the day they were fine.  Fingers crossed I'm finally on the path to 100%.  I would have liked to have tested them out yesterday on a long run but alas, I was working.  Yes, working.  Yes, it was Sunday.  Once and a while that happens.  I thought I'd be able to do my run AFTER work but that didn't happen.  I should know better.  I was totally exhausted and my feet hurt from standing on concrete all day.  I didn't really have much of a weekend so it's no surprise I'm wiped out.  We had a last minute job come in on Wednesday evening that had to shoot on Sunday.  So, my stress level was in the red zone for Thursday and Friday.  I was so busy on Friday I didn't even get out to pick up lunch.  So this is what I ate:


Yes, that's a chocolate eclair.  Looks kinda gross but it was delicious.

Friday night was my friend David's birthday celebration but before I headed out to that, the beer cart was out at WS and I hung out with these fine folks for a bit.


Crazy kids.

Friday night was a bit of a late one so Saturday morning was not great.  We had to be on the road ready to ride at 8 am so we could make it out to Guelph for 4 pm.  There was a small group of us that went out.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day other than the insane wind.  We had a headwind for almost the entire ride as well as some crazy crosswinds.  I worked my ass off just trying to hang on to my bike in some spots.  But, I wore shorts and the sun was shining so really, I can't complain too much.


Sunday I had 17km to run.  I figured I could probably do it after work.  BAD DECISION.   I should have sucked it up and done in the morning.  But I didn't.  I chose sleep.  Probably not a bad idea.  Anyway, this is how my week went down.

Monday:  2650m swim
Tuesday:  75 minutes strength & physio work in a.m.  7km run in p.m.
Wednesday:  2700m swim in a.m.,  80 minute trainer ride in p.m with power work.
Thursday:  75 minute strength & physio work in a.m. + 7km run, pm. 50 minute trainer ride + 3km run off the bike.
Friday:  OFF
Saturday:  3 hour ride. 
Sunday:  NADA

Total time 10h 59 minutes.  Imagine if I had actually gotten my long run + my Sunday swim in!  I'd be right where I should be for 70.3 training.  Here's hoping this week is better.  Paris to Ancaster is Sunday so THAT is going to be highly entertaining!

Who else got out and enjoyed the amazing weather on Saturday?  Did anyone race?

1 comment:

Krysten Siba Bishop said...

WHEW you bike ride makes me sleepy!! I am still working on my endurance on the bike - and longest outdoor ride I have done is just 20km haha