Friday, April 3, 2015

Some Eggciting News!

Happy Good Friday!  Those of you that follow me on Instagram may have seen these pictures.



Well, I'm eggcited to announce that the wonderful folks at Burnbrae Farms have graciously sponsored me in to the Mississauga 10km on May 2nd.  That is my third race on the schedule and one I definitely want a re-do at.  I ran it in 2011 and due to some bad timing on my part, what would have been a PR and an age group win, didn't happen.  You can read all about that adventure here.

Burnbrae Farms is a Canadian business that has been in the Hudson family for over 120 years.  If you ask me, that's pretty impressive as far as family business legacies go.   When they approached me about this ambassador opportunity,  I jumped on it.  Eggs are a major part of my diet.   I eat eggs for breakfast pretty much every day and I often snack on hard boiled eggs.   So needless to say, this is a match made in heaven for me, ha ha.  I'll be cooking and baking up a storm this weekend thanks to the folks at Burnbrae! 

My pre-ride breakfast this morning!

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of their Easter weekend!  How are you celebrating?  


2 comments:

Kristen said...

Very exciting! Hopefully you will have a much different race experience this go around! :) I thought about doing an organized run this weekend, but there is a 10K next weekend that I am going to sign up for - obviously to run, not race. Good luck this weekend (speedy!!!)

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

How fun! I love the 10k distance!