Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Five - Things I Love

Happy Friday Folks!

I haven't been too busy this week but for some reason it went by really quickly!  Love it when that happens!

I'm linking up with the DC Trifecta Ladies for a little bit of Friday Five action today.   Today Courtney, Cynthia and Mar are giving us a bit of a free for all with today's Friday Five.  Today's topic is 5 Things I Love.   I had a hard time narrowing it down to just 5 things!  So these are 5 random things I'm loving right now.

1.  This Book.  The lovely Irina gave it to me last year and I took a quick look through it and book marked a few sections for future reference.  I've now gone back to those sections and am working through some of the exercises in here to help balance me out and activate things that haven't been working the way they should.  It's full of so much amazing information and exercises - I suspect it will be something I go back to on a regular basis. 

 2.  This Amazing Machine.  This is the fancy new coffee maker at my work.  It's beautiful, easy to use and makes the best damn lattes.  Suffice to say my latte consumption has quadrupled since we got it.   A good cup of coffee will always make me happy. 



3.  This Picture / Moment.  I posted it in my race recap yesterday but I love it so much I'm sharing it again.  I can't stop laughing every time I look at it.  I've actually saved a copy to my desk top so whenever I'm having a bad day, I can look at that and laugh.  Nerds, the both of us.  But, that's what happens when you run with friends for fun. This will go down as one of the best days of racing I've ever had simply because of the company.


4.  The Social Media community.  Since I've started blogging and instagramming, I've met / interacted with/ been inspired by so many incredible people.  It really is a pretty amazing community.  If I had unlimited funds, I'd travel the world to meet up with all my virtual friends.  Sunday's race definitely reminded me of that.  If I wasn't active in the Social Media world, I would have missed out on this moment below.  Christina is someone I met through Social Media and she entrusted me to coach her for her last 3 marathons, all of which have been outside of Toronto.   This time around she ran here and I got to run her in the last 2km.  It may not have been the greatest day for her but I was happy that I could be there to support her, regardless of the outcome. 


5.  My Momentum Jewelry wrap bracelet.   I've got two of these but this one is my favourite.  The saying sums me up.  I work hard to chase my dreams.  It's just who I am.  I suspect this will have a permanent place on my wrist in 2016. 



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!  Tell me about 5 things you're loving right now!  

 Don't forget to visit the link up and check out some of the other posts!




No comments: