Monday, October 12, 2015

Thankful



Happy Monday.  Today is Canadian Thanksgiving so it's a holiday.  We had our family gathering yesterday at my sister in law's place.  My parents & brother came in from Guelph and Tracy (G's sister) invited one of her co-workers & her husband so it was a pretty packed house, which is just the way it should be.  The weather was beautiful so we spent some time sitting outside.  Dinner itself was short (but oh so tasty) because the Jays game was going to be starting and the Kennedy - Frank household is a baseball household so everyone wanted to watch the game.  After dinner we all piled into the basement.  As I sat there and surveyed the room amid the chatter, I smiled and thought to myself "I'm pretty darn lucky". 

I have been guilty of moving through life without "stopping to smell the roses", especially as of late.  Yesterday made me realize that I have a lot to be thankful for, even when I think that I don't. 

I'm thankful that our families all get along and like to hang out with each other. 

I'm thankful that I live in a country where freedom of expression is ok and actually encouraged.  

I'm thankful for the athletes that have entrusted me to coach them over the last several years. 

I'm thankful for having a wonderful husband who is supportive and encourages all my crazy ideas.

I'm thankful for all of my friends, new and old, near and far.

I'm thankful for my health and my ability to be active. 

And I'm thankful for all of you that continue to read my thoughts and ramblings.  Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: