Friday, January 15, 2016

Keeping the Good Times Rolling....

Happy Friday people!

This week has just flown by!  I think I've re-discovered my workout mojo because I actually look forward to every single workout, regardless of what my coach has on tap.  Normally this time of year I dread the swim because I hate going out in the cold to get into cold water.  I'm not sure what's come over me, but right now nothing is phasing me.  I'm getting up, earlier than normal,  so I can do my phsyio & mobility work, and then getting my butt into the water and cranking out 2500-3000m swims during the WEEK.  That never happens.  I don't normally see a 3,000m + swim unless it's a Sunday.  But these past two weeks, I've had a midweek 3000m swim!  It must be my new training schedule.  Normally I'd take Fridays as my day off but my new schedule has an easy recovery day on Mondays, followed by a full day off on Tuesdays.  So by Wednesday I'm feeling pretty good.  This seems to be working for me so far.  Thursdays are my biggest day with a strength session, a run and a bike.  Right now Paolina only has me on the bike 2x a week.  One midweek ride that's usually 75 minutes and then a 2 hour ride on Saturdays.  Since my running is being dictated by Lauren, Paolina has let me schedule that whenever I can.  The goal is for me to run 5x a week.  So far I've been able to do that.  I'm 2/3 of the way through the program Lauren has got me on and I feel great, although the snow has been making things tough.  Yesterday was particularly difficult.  But, I actually look forward to getting out and running now because I'm not feeling any pain! This is a nice change of pace for me so I'd like to keep that ball rolling!

So remember on Monday when I mentioned I had a bit of news to share?  Well, if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen this already.  But if you don't, here you go!
 If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm going to be racing for Team Zoot Canada this year and this is the women's team uniform.  I'm SO excited to represent this brand.  I've been wearing Zoot for almost as long as I've been doing triathlon.  They make the BEST tri shorts hands down.  I got a sneak peek at some of the new line as well and suffice to say, I'm going to have to start clearing out space because I wanted one of pretty much everything!   The collection goes live on February 1st and that can't come soon enough! 

I've got another follow up appointment with Lauren on Tuesday next week so we'll see if I get given any more exercises.  I'm doing everything pretty much pain free with the exception of single leg squats on my right leg.  I have to be very aware of the position of my pelvis and hips because if I lean forward too much, I can't squat without pain in my knee.  It's like something is rubbing on the tendon and it hurts for a bit until I squat past it then it's fine.  If I'm in the right position, I don't feel it at all.  So there's definitely something happening in my right knee, I'm just not sure what it is.  It could be some kind of calcification - who knows.  But, it doesn't hurt when I run or walk or any other time for that matter so as far as I'm concerned, it's all good!

I'm looking forward to another fun weekend of training and socializing.  I've got a two hour ride and a session with my trainer on Saturday and then a swim and a run on Sunday.   Saturday night we're having friends over for dinner.  It's been a while since we've had friends over so I'm really looking forward to that!

Tell me what's on tap for your weekend? 








No comments: